The Benefits of Drinking Moringa-Based Beverages
While moringa supplements are a relatively new product, moringa-based beverages have been around for thousands of years, especially in tea form.
Only recently has moringa really begun to make its mark as a new “superfood” in the Western world, but people from regions such as the Middle East, India, and Africa have been eating the moringa plant and drinking tea made with moringa leaves for generations upon generations.
Here are just a few of the main reasons why people continue to do so today:
- Moringa tea is packed with nutrients: As you know, moringa contains extremely high levels of many of the most important vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, including vitamins A, C, and E, calcium, potassium, and protein.
- It helps to protect against free radicals: Moringa is extremely high in antioxidants, which are a natural shield against free radicals. These free radicals are substances that cause cell damage, oxidative stress, and general inflammation. Moringa is packed with a variety of antioxidants, including flavonoids, ascorbic acid, and polyphenols in its seeds, leaves, and flowers. Many studies have shown that extracts from the leaves have extremely high antioxidant activity, which is why moringa leaves make a great tea base.
- It fights against inflammation: It’s not just the antioxidants that help fight against inflammation! Moringa suppresses certain proteins and enzymes known to be inflammatory agents. Leaf powder concentrate and moringa leaves, in general, have been proven to lower inflammation in cells.
- It helps fight diabetes: Moringa leaf powder has been shown in some studies to be an effective means of reducing glucose and lipid levels while regulating oxidative stress, all of which helps to provide relief from common symptoms of diabetes.
- It supports the brain and heart: Moringa leaf powder helps to prevent plaque formation inside the arteries and reduces cholesterol, which is great for the heart. It also has a variety of vitamins and antioxidants that support better brain health, which is one of the reasons why moringa has been used as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease.
For more information about the benefits of drinking moringa-based beverages and taking daily moringa supplements, contact us today at Dead Sea Moringa.