Powerful Potassium in Moringa
What is potassium?
Potassium is an electrolyte mineral that plays a key role in body functions. It blunts the effect of sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure, regulates fluid and mineral balance in the body, helps muscles contract, along with a number of other biological processes. Potassium is powerful!
Potassium carries great health benefits, as it is one of seven essential macrominerals.
The human body needs at minimum 100 milligrams of potassium a day to support key processes. High doses of dietary potassium have been shown to be effective for reducing hypertension and high-sodium related heart disease.
Although potassium is relatively abundant in food sources, it is generally under-consumed by most people when considering their high levels of sodium intake. Deficiencies in the mineral are more common among women compared to men.
Signs of deficiency:
Low potassium, also known as hypokalemia, takes a major toll on muscle functioning. The most concerning danger is to the heart.
Because 98% of potassium is found inside the cells, low levels can cause weakness in cellular processes. Even small changes in the level of potassium present outside of the cells can have severe effects on the heart, nerves and muscles.
Low levels of potassium can be caused by excessive sweating, poor diet, diarrhea, vomiting, and also from some medications.
It is important to be aware of the signs of a potassium deficiency, as they can be mild in presentation. Check with your healthcare provider if you notice some of the following symptoms:
- “Charley horses,” or cramping in arms, legs and sometimes feet, causing inability to move the muscles
- Weakness or tiredness in larger muscles groups
- Tingling or numbness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Irregular heart palpitations
- Gastrointestinal discomfort such as bloating or abdominal cramps
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
- Fainting due to low blood pressure
- Abnormal onset of feelings of depression or confusion
Getting the right amount of potassium in your diet everyday is a simple way to improve your overall quality of life and avoid some of the aforementioned problems.
Benefits of potassium:
- Regulates fluid balance and helps the biological functions of the heart and other muscles: Potassium plays a major role in muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, and in maintaining the balance of fluids in the body.
- Supports healthy blood pressure and cardiovascular health: Low potassium intake has repeatedly been linked with high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. Maintaining a low sodium intake is essential to lowering blood pressure, but ensuring a good intake of potassium may be just as important.
- Supports bone strength and muscle tissue endurance: Foods rich in potassium help maintain an alkaline state within the body, as opposed to acidosis.
What does “alkaline state” mean? It is when the pH of your body is more alkaline rather than acidic. The human body always tries to maintain a slightly alkaline state.
When the body is more acidic, which is triggered by foods common in Western diet, it will seek to balance by pulling nutrients from the bones. Diets high in processed cereals, meats and dairy can cause this imbalance.
Feeding your body with sufficient amounts of nutrients is necessary to maintain health. Potassium provides essential balance while preventing other deficiencies that can happen as a result of your diet.
Dead Sea Moringa naturally contains adequate amounts of potassium. Not only does Dead Sea Moringa balance electrolytes and hormones, it also feeds your body some of the most essential age defying, brain powering, and muscle building nutrients available. See for yourself how Dead Sea Moringa will power up your body today.