Moringa and Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
What is vitamin B2 and how does it help your body?
Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin, is like other B vitamins in the sense that it helps the body to properly convert carbohydrates into energy and metabolizes fats and proteins. All B vitamins are water soluble, which means they are absorbed into the body tissue but not stored up. Therefore, you need to consume these vitamins daily to maintain the benefits.
Vitamin B2 not only processes proteins and fats but also activates B6 and folate, allowing the body to use those nutrients properly.
Riboflavin is a powerful antiaging nutrient. It’s an antioxidant that fights free radicals. Free radicals damage cells and are known for contributing to the aging process, as well as a host of other health conditions.
Signs of Deficiency:
The elderly and those with poor diets may be at risk for B2 deficiency. Here is a list of symptoms that may be worth discussing with your health-care provider.
- Digestive problems
- Cracks and sores around the corners of the mouth
- Swollen purplish tongue
- Eye fatigue
- Swelling and soreness of the throat
- Sensitivity to light
- Nerve damage
- Slowed metabolism
Research indicates a correlation between B2 deficiency, along with other B vitamins, and increased likelihood of cataracts and migraines.
Benefits of B2:
- Helps prevent and treat anemia: Anemia is often associated with low iron levels. However, several factors are involved in keeping your blood healthy. Vitamin B2 aids in transporting oxygen to the cells to mobilize iron.
- Supports energy levels: Vitamin B2 helps metabolize food for energy. Lower levels of riboflavin make digesting carbohydrates, fats, and proteins difficult and can hinder your body from using them properly as fuel. Riboflavin is essential for body repair and growth and is great for recovery after training and workouts.
- Supports hormone regulation: Vitamin B2 is important for maintaining thyroid and adrenal functioning. It helps calm the nervous system and combats stress. Its hormone-regulating properties help stabilize appetite, energy, and mood.
- Provides antioxidant and antiaging properties: Fighting the presence of age-inducing free radicals in the body, vitamin B2 is required for the production of glutathione, an antioxidant that combats the free radicals and detoxes the liver.
Research is growing about the impact vitamins and minerals have on the body. Many findings point to antiaging, prevention, and even treatment in some cases. It’s no wonder more and more food companies are advertising “added or fortified with vitamins and minerals” to their products. But what are you really getting?
Many flours and cereals are fortified with riboflavin; however, when consuming processed foods such as sugary cereals and baked goods, you also get the empty calories and extra fat that are included in the dish. These processed foods can contribute to other unwanted health conditions such as weight gain and type 2 diabetes.
Moringa oleifera contains vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, and so much more. Dead Sea Moringa is 100% pure moringa leaves, loaded with the necessary nutrients for your body to function at its peak.
Dead Sea Moringa naturally contains 90 nutrients, 12 vitamins and minerals, 46 antioxidants, 18 amino acids, and a high concentration of all nine of the essential amino acids. These nutrients work together to strengthen your mind and body. See for yourself how this superfood can supercharge you today.