Moringa and Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
What is vitamin B1 and how does it help your body?
Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is a vital nutrient to the human body. It is a coenzyme that enhances enzyme actions in the body. Thiamine is used in the body to metabolize food and extract its energy to be used for ATP (adenosine triphosphate), energy your cells need to function.
Vitamin B1 is a water-soluble vitamin, which means it is absorbed into body tissue but is not stored. Therefore, your body needs to be fed this impressive vitamin daily to maintain its benefits.
Vitamin B1 is also required for the breakdown of fats and protein. Without adequate levels, the molecules in carbohydrates, proteins, and fats can’t be used properly by the body to carry out various necessary functions.
Signs of Deficiency:
Here are some symptoms that could be related to thiamine deficiency. We recommend checking with a doctor if you notice any of these symptoms:
- chronic fatigue
- digestive issues
- memory loss
- muscle tenderness or weakness
- colitis nerve damage
There is another, more serious condition known as beriberi. There are two types of beriberi, dry and wet.
- Dry beriberi—some symptoms include confusion, difficulties moving legs, and numbness in feet and hands.
- Wet beriberi—some symptoms include elevated heart rate, swelling in legs, and shortness of breath.
Benefits of Vitamin B1:
This impressive vitamin also has significant benefits. Here’s a list of advantages to taking B1 regularly:
- Energy support: Because vitamin B1 breaks down food for your body to use, it has been known to improve energy.
- Nerve protection: Vitamin B1 is known in health and medical communities for protecting the layer around your nerves known as the myelin sheath. It helps with passing nerve signals throughout the body and prevents nerve damage.
- Anti-aging: Vitamin B1 is a powerful antioxidant, protecting the body from free radicals, age spots, and other aging conditions.
- Promotes digestion: Vitamin B1 promotes the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, necessary for breaking down food. Digestive health naturally promotes a healthy immune system.
- Improves memory: Vitamin B1 is known for brainpower. It helps with concentration and memory and has even been used in treating nervous system disorders.
- Promotes healthy cardiovascular system: Vitamin B1 aids in the production of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine, which carries messages to and from nerves and muscles.
These are only a few of the known benefits. Thiamine has been used to treat illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis.
Health care providers and dietitians understand the importance of getting adequate vitamins and minerals in your daily diet. Moringa oleifera contains loads of vitamin B1, along with B2, B3, B6, and B12. Dead Sea Moringa’s vitamin profile is impressive, and it is also packed with an abundance of other necessary nutrients.
Taking a one-vitamin supplement can leave out others in your diet. Dead Sea Moringa naturally contains 90 nutrients, 12 vitamins and minerals, 46 antioxidants, and 18 amino acids, and it has a high concentration of all nine of the essential amino acids. See for yourself how this superfood can supercharge your energy.