Moringa for Anemia
Did you know anemia is the most common blood condition in the United States? Women and the elderly are among the highest risk. Having a chronic disease such as ulcers, digestive issues, and cancer also increases your risk for anemia. Moringa, known for being high in iron, has been shown to help with anemia and iron deficiency.
Anemia is a condition that occurs when there is a lack of healthy red blood cells in the body. Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein in red blood cells that oxygen attaches to when it enters the body—thus it carries oxygen to every part of the body.
When low levels of iron compromise red blood cells, your cells do not receive adequate amounts of oxygen. The most common result is fatigue. Other symptoms include:
- Paleness of skin
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
There are several forms of anemia that have more specified symptoms:
- Aplastic anemia: In aplastic anemia, the bone marrow is described as ‘empty’ or aplastic. This means there are very few blood cells within the bone marrow. This causes fevers, frequent infections and skin rashes.
- Folate-deficiency anemia: In folate-deficiency anemia there is a decrease of red blood cells due to a lack of folate, a type of B vitamin. This causes irritability, diarrhea and a smooth tongue.
- Hemolytic anemia: In hemolytic anemia, there is an abnormal breakdown of red blood cells and they are destroyed prematurely. This causes jaundice, dark colored urine, fever and abdominal pains.
- Sickle cell anemia: In sickle cell anemia, much like hemolytic, there is an abnormality of the red blood cells. With sickle cell, however, the red blood cells are misshapen, not destroyed. This type of anemia is hereditary and causes painful swelling of the feet and hands, fatigue and jaundice.
Causes of Anemia
There are a number of causes that contribute to low iron levels and anemia. Fortunately, the most common type, iron-deficiency anemia, is easily treated through diet and iron supplements.
Another common cause of anemia is blood loss. The body attempts to keep the blood vessels filled when there is a loss of blood. Therefore, the bloodstream pulls water from surrounding tissue to keep the balance. This dilutes the blood and iron levels decrease.
Adequate iron not only improves oxygen carried throughout the bloodstream but also has been shown to:
- Improve cognitive function in children
- Boost the ability to fight lead poisoning
- Ensure babies are born at healthy weights
- Boost the immune system
- Treat Restless Leg Syndrome
Dead Sea Moringa raises iron levels in the bloodstream.
Moringa oleifera has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. Even today, a number of naturalist and herbal medicine practitioners use moringa in their practices. Dead Sea Moringa is grown in the mineral-rich soil of the Dead Sea. This soil feeds the oftentimes referred to, ’tree of life,’ making it a superfood.
At Dead Sea Moringa, we harvest the leaves of the plants and encapsulate them, giving you 90 nutrients, 46 antioxidants, 12 vitamins and minerals and 18 amino acids. The moringa leaves are known to be an excellent source of iron. There continues to be ongoing research about this powerful plant, and the results thus far indicate moringa’s vast value when it comes to feeding the body necessary nutrients.
What’s in your diet?
We know that the bioavailability of any nutrient in the body is greatly influenced by diet. Taking a serious look and “cleaning up” one’s diet can mean major changes in lifestyle. But it doesn’t have to be overwhelming and major.
There are simple, easy steps you can take to start replenishing the nutrients in your diet that may be missing. Supplementing your diet with Dead Sea Moringa can give you confidence in knowing that you are providing your body pure nutrients from pure soil. Simply taking Dead Sea Moringa daily gets you closer to feeling healthy and gaining energy, something lost with low iron levels and other nutritional imbalances.
You might think adding more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will do the trick. We’ve all heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Perhaps this could have been considered true a few generations ago. Unfortunately, these same fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and even quality meat, are not the same as they were fifty or sixty years ago.
Conventionally raised produce found in supermarkets have been altered and engineered to the point of losing large amounts of vitamins and minerals. There is also the expansion of modern farming. This has caused an increased use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers, while also leading to soil exhaustion.
Therefore, when you think your diet can fulfill all of your daily nutrients, you may be sadly disappointed to know the truth. Take a step today for not just improved health, but quality health.
The moringa tree is often referred to as the ‘miracle tree’ because of its rich nutrients. Dead Sea Moringa naturally produces anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits, as well as being rich in iron, and is also helpful in regulating blood sugar. Thus, when the incredible soil of the Dead Sea is added to it, the result is the best moringa product available. If you want to increase energy, improve cognitive clarity, lower blood sugar, or increase iron, Dead Sea Moringa could be exactly what you have been searching for.