Dead Sea Region has Mineral-Rich Soil
Despite the Dead Sea being “dead” due to its sodium- and chlorine-filled waters, the mud found around the sea itself is actually extremely rich with minerals that can be used to develop a wide variety of health products. These minerals allow for the growth of the moringa tree, which takes many of the health benefits of those minerals directly from the soil and transfers them into its leaves and seeds.
Here are some of the most prominent minerals found in the Dead Sea soil and their benefits:
• Zinc. Zinc is found in all of the body’s tissues and helps with the cell division process. It helps the body to maintain ideal hormone levels, which helps with healthy libido and an ability to cope with stress.
• Magnesium. Magnesium helps to keep bones strong, heart beats steady and blood pressure at normal levels. By eating a diet rich in magnesium, people can avoid kidney problems, osteoporosis and heart disease. Magnesium is often used as a primary ingredient in antacids.
• Potassium. Potassium promotes healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, as well as general heart health. People that get plenty of potassium in their diets are less likely to experience irregular heartbeats, blood clots, heart disease and other similar problems.
• Sulfur. Most people don’t necessarily think of sulfur as being an important part of a person’s diet, but it does play an important role in the body. Sulfur helps to maintain the flexibility and strength of cartilage and other flexible tissues, and helps to prevent muscle stiffness and joint pain.
• Phosphorous. Phosphorous’s greatest benefits include the promotion of healthy bones, better digestion, better hormonal balance, a greater ability to repair damaged cells, proper nutrient utilization, protein formation and more. It would be impossible for anyone to function normally without an adequate amount of phosphorous because of its importance in maintaining bone integrity. In fact, the only mineral more prevalent in creating healthy bones is calcium.
All of these important minerals and many others are found in the Dead Sea soil, where moringa plants grow. For more information, reach out to us today at Dead Sea Moringa.
Who Are We?
Dead Sea Moringa is a partnership between the evangelical community and the nation of Israel. The primary goal of Dead Sea Moringa is to produce employment, income, and revenue for humanitarian aid projects throughout Israel. Dead Sea Moringa has also recently partnered with an organization in Togo, Africa to oversee the cultivation and harvesting of Moringa, as well as its distribution to malnourished children in that region.